1. Be certain everything is closed on the workstation where Gopher is being installed. This would include disabling anti-virus software. This step is very important.
2. Download the installation files from our website.
a. Go to www.go4recruitingsoftware.com and click on downloads on the left side of the page.
b. On the Downloads page, click on Gopher Install file as indicated in your Introduction Email.
c. A dialog box will come up asking if you want to run or save. Click Save and save the installation file to a location on your network that each workstation has access to.
3. Double click the downloaded file you saved to your network (Go4Setup…). The password for the file can be found in your Gopher Introduction email. This will start the install of the new version. Accept all defaults during the installation process. A dialog will come up when the installation is complete.
4. You will now see a new Gopher icon on your desktop. Double click to open your new Gopher. When launching the program, two boxes will come up. The first will state that session log is missing and it will attempt to start one. Click OK. The next box will ask you the location of the license file. Browse to the your network drive to the Go4ProductionDB folder and choose the Go4Usr.mdb file
5. The login will come up. Put in your user initials from the introductory email. Click login.
6. You will get a message that the database needs to link. Click OK
7. Verify that you have access to the your database with the demo records by doing the following:
a. Click the Profile tab.
b. Click the Find button (the magnifying glass), typing * in the Name box and clicking the Do It button. You should see all of your database records.
8. Close Gopher.
9. Open MS Access on the workstation
10. Verify that the Macro Security Level is set to Low.
11. Open the C:\Program Files\Go4…\MDB\Go4Demo.mdb file.
12. From inside of Access, go to the SQL upsizing wizard.
13. Upsize the Go4Demo.mdb file to your SQL server
a. Create a new database, naming it for your company (e.g. BlackDogRecruitingSQL)
b. Upsize all tables
c. Upsize all table attributes
d. Do not add timestamp tables to fields
e. Choose no application changes
14. When the upsize is complete, go back to your SQL server
15. Apply the Gopher windows login to the newly created database with DBO permissions
16. Apply the Gopher SQL login to the newly created database with DBO permissions.
17. Open the LTR table in design view
a. Change the LTRSQLTimeStamp field from an nvarchar type to a timestamp type.
b. Save the table changes
18. Open the RES table in design view
a. Change the RESSQLTimeStamp field from nvarchar type to a timestamp type.
b. Save the table changes.
19. Setup Full Text indexing on the LTR table on the ltrnar field.
20. Setup Full Text indexing on the RES table on the resnar field.
21. Back on the workstation, go to the start button, find the BlackDog program group, arrow over to the right and open Gopher Tools.
22. Choose SQL build from the top menu.
23. Complete the username, password, sql server name and sql server database name and click Build SQL
24. You should get a message that 73 stored procedures were loaded with zero errors.
25. Close Gopher Tools.
26. Go to the start button, find the BlackDog program group, arrow over to the right and open Gopher Options.
27. The login to Gopher Options is GO4 (Capital G, Capital O). There is no password set yet so just click OK when asked for the password.
28. Click to the DB Security Tab
29. Complete the field that “Current Resume Link Path for *yourdatabase name* with the following: G:\Go4ProductionDB\Go4LinkedResumes\YourCompanyName. (replace G with your drive letter if different).
30. Click to the User Security Tab
a. Click the checkbox to Use SQL Server
b. Complete the SQL Server log on password field with the password for the Gopher SQL account you created.
c. Complete the SQL Server log on name field with the Gopher SQL user name you created.
d. Complete the SQL Server Name field with the name of your SQL server.
e. Complete the SQL Database name field with the new SQL Gopher database name.
f. Use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to repeat these steps for each user (including the Go4 user).
31. Close Gopher Options
32. Double click on the Gopher icon on the desktop to open Gopher.
33. Put in your login initials
34. You should get a message that the database wants to link to the new SQL database. Click OK.
35. Your SQL database should open. Verify that you are in the correct place by looking at the top of the Gopher screen. It should show you your user name and the database you are linked to.
36. Click on Import in the toolbar and go down to Import from Sovren and then arrow over to the appropriate Quarter parser Key.
37. In the box that comes up, copy and paste the entire parsing key (including any trailing punctuation) from your Introduction Email and click ok.
38. Click on Import in the toolbar and go down to Import from Sovren and check Sovren Local Conversion and Parse.
39. Close Gopher.
40. Proceed to the Office Integration Setup to complete your Gopher installation.