1. Are the position title, citizenship, salary and skills correct to allow proper matching and ensure that a recruiter will find this person when he/she is searching for these attributes for a position?
2. Have you given a Gopher calendar entry to all the recruiters on this new person?
3. Has the applicant been pre-closed on salary, location and position attributes?
4. Has the applicant been schooled on how to interview and dress, and does the applicant know how to interview?
5. Have you determined the extent of applicant control (trust)? Do you know where this applicant has interviewed, where his/her resume has been sent, what other agency has his/her resume? Does this applicant know why he/she should talk to us before he sends his resume anywhere?
6. Have all the key words been gleaned from the applicant's resume and a search performed on position records using these key words? Have you given a Gopher calendar note to the recruiters owning the positions who 'come up' on your searches to make presentations?
7. Are you checking that all presentations are being made in a timely manner by other recruiters?
8. Are the matches being reviewed on a daily basis?
9. If the applicant is hot, has a search list been prepared and completed?
10. If steps I through 9 have been completed thoroughly and accurately, you have probably made a placement. If you haven't, don't despair! Move on to the next applicant and place him/her!